This Is Home is a back-to-basics guide on how to create authentic wholehearted interiors. It's about living simply—finding the essence of what makes you happy at home and creating spaces that reflect your needs and style. Filled with clever ideas and creative spaces it shows that you don't need a huge budget to create a beautiful home. This Is Home provides examples and case studies of places with a global and timeless feel that haven't always been renovated in the traditional sense but are true homes.
Featuring eight case studies from Australia, the US and Europe, and nearly 200 color photographs, This Is Home will inspire you with beautiful, authentic places you want to be—today.
• The big picture: how to determine your decorating personality, and what's authentic for you.
• Starting over: let go of the past and create a home for the person you are today, with a focus on decision-making and the art of editing.
• Living for now: Work out a budget for your time and money using your values as a guide. Where you can spend and save when it comes to creating lasting interiors.
• The Art of ingenuity: Think creatively, not expensively, when it comes to making changes at home. Going beyond the usual suspects can help you to create a home that's distinctively yours.
• The poetry of space: Successful spaces are all about addition and subtraction, positive and negative. How to create balance within a room while reflecting your decorating style.
• The feel of a home: Create interiors that make you feel, and have an emotional connection. How to introduce decorative elements that make for authentic interiors.
• Surrounding spaces: Key ideas to consider when creating your place in relation to its environment—from the surrounding landscape to local community.
• Maintaining the focus: Ways to evolve what's important for you and keep focussed on your aesthetic and lifestyle.
• Happy renewal: How to keep your home fresh without exhausting or expensive overhauls.
• Rest and revive: How our homes can function as a place to rest our bodies, rejoice in our relationships and restore our values.
About the author:
Natalie Walton is an interiors sylist and writer based on the New South Wales central coast. She is the author of the popular design blog Daily Imprint and her work has been featured in leading Australian and international lifestyle magazines, including ELLE Decoration UK, Living Etc, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, House & Garden, Inside Out and Country Style. She worked at Real Living magazine for five years, and during that time was appointed deputy editor. Natalie has also hosted workshops at the Apple store in Bondi and has been a speaker at Studio B in the US. Previously she worked as a journalist.
Chris Warnes is a regular contributor to leading Australian interior publications, photographing homes and interior spaces. He works in partnership with Natalie providing bespoke interiors content for magazines and other clients through their editorial content agency, Warnes & Walton.